If you’re a drummer, we presume that you must be aware of drum racks and their significance. Drum racks have been existing in the drumming world for almost a century now. They are highly recommended for any and every drummer, but they can only prove their worth if chosen right. For this very purpose, in this article, we have shortlisted the top 8 best drum racks of 2020!
A drum rack is specialized in the functionality focused on drums and permission instruments. It provides the convenience of easy and quick setup and teardown. It also allows the drummer to arrange hardware, toms, cymbals, etc. easily. Drum racks are highly beneficial if they take up less area and weight than the stands.
There’s a wide variety of drum racks available in the market today, varying from hex bars, square bars, round bars, and curved bars to assorted leg, clamp, and mounting-arm alternatives. If you’re a drummer looking for the perfect rack for you, then you have possibly stumbled at the right article. Here, we will help you to find the best setup for you as we review some of the best drum racks trending in 2020!
Best Drum Racks – Editor’s Choice
If you are just a beginner and prefer to look at merely the most adequate options for drum racks, don’t worry, because we’ve got you covered. The following are the two best picks for drum racks based on their primary characteristics, customer reviews, and a reasonable budget. After reading this, you may not need to go through the entire list below. This will be greatly helpful if you are someone with a packed working schedule where time is always a constraint.
The former option that we have mentioned below is the budget-friendly choice, which is the ideal accessory for the drum for a beginner, while the latter is a feature-rich product. You must make your choice according to your requirement. So, let’s have a closer look:
Our Top Drum Racks
Best Budget Drum Racks
Gibraltar Road Series GRS300C Curved Drum Rack
Gibraltar Road Series GRS300C Curved Front Drum Rack has the potential to expand to accommodate larger arrangements. It features two post front curved rack that can hold up to three rack toms. It can be used as a front rack over the bass drum or as a side rack. You can pair the rack with the GRS125C side extension to create a two or three-sided rack. It also features heavy-duty clamps to ensure a secure setup. If you’re looking for an affordable option with nice expansion, then GRS300C is a great choice!
Best Feature-Rich Pick Option
Pearl Icon DR513C Curved Drum Rack
DR513C is the ideal solution for drummers who wish to have every tom, cymbal, and other accessories exactly where they positioned it the previous night. It features slip-free square aluminum rails, solid steel camps, and tubing, and non-skid feet. The versatile combination of these features helps in making hasty stage setups easy and quick, all while maintaining its durability. The lightweight mounting rail helps with quick adjustments, which make the task more convenient for you. This drum rack is not bulky like one of those traditional drum racks. Rather, it is lightweight and convenient for touring. If you’re looking for a professional drum rack with outstanding features, then DR513C is where it’s at!
- Best Drumsticks For Electronic Drums
- Best drum kit
- Best cymbal pack
- Best drum machine
- Best electronic drum pad
A Quick Comparison Table – Best Drum Racks
An In-depth Product Review: Top 8 Drum Racks
We’ve shortlisted the top 8 best drum racks that are trending in 2020. We have reviewed them in detail so that you are clear about your purchase. We shall look into the product’s features, pros, and cons of using it. After learning about every product precisely, you’ll later have a much clearer idea while purchasing the drum racks for your best drum machine. Now, without further ado, let’s read them in detail.
1. Gibraltar GCS-400C Road Series Rack
- Two curved post rack
- Two side wings
- Adjustable angle T clamp
- Wide range of mounting options
- Two mini cymbal boom arms
- Item weight: 13.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 46.5 x 8.6 x 7.9 inches
Gibraltar Road GCS-400C Drum Rack is a curved rack with a couple of extension wings that can hold up to three rack toms over the bass drum. If you’re looking for an upgrade rack of your electronic drum kit, then it is a great choice. It associates perfectly with multiple drums, cymbals, and other accessories.
GCS-400C works well for the setup of 5, 6, and 7 pieces. It provides a wide range of mounting options and extra mounting space for cymbals and accessories with the help of it’s 24″ side wings. Additionally, it also helps in reducing your set up time and footprint size. Setting up multiple accessories and instruments is quite a task, and this rack makes sure that you spend the least time doing that. After the teardown, it also fits easily and directly into your bag.
The rack features T legs that are provided with adjustable angle T lamps that make it easy for you to bend your legs forward or backward, according to your requirement and set up.
With all these features, it is one of the best available in the market. It is versatile, stable, and incredibly long-lasting. Overall, this rack is an ideal inclusion in your best drum kit. It includes (2) GPR30C 30″ curved legs; (1) GPR46C 46″ curved horizontal bar; (2) GPR24C 24″ curved side wings; (4) GCRA Chrome right angle clamps; (4) GCRMC Chrome multi clamps; (2) Chrome T leg assemblies with GCARA Adjustable T clamps; and (4) GCML Slip-on memory locks.
- The various clamps are a big advantage for the drummers who own accessories of different kinds and brands.
- The appearance is classy and modern; thereby, anyone – professional or a learner can use it.
- This rack ensures easy and quick setup and teardown; thereby, it will save you extra time and effort.
- This drum rack is designed in such a way that it ensures the stability of even the heaviest accessories.
- This rack helps you in minimizing the footprint size as it allows you to set up the entire drumming kit within the rack’s surface area.
- With several parts included, it gives the drummers flexibility to arrange the set up according to his aesthetic needs. You can always play around with the whole setup if you’re someone with a light working schedule.
- The only con that we learned was that you need to be careful with the clamps. Do not overtighten them; otherwise, they will crack the pipes.
PS: If you’re looking for a strong rack that can stabilize even the bulkiest of your accessories and instruments, then GCS-400C is a great choice
2. Gibraltar Road Series (Model: GRS300C) Curved Front Drum Rack
- 2-post front curved rack
- Less set up time
- Minimizes floor size
- Wide range of mounting options
- Item weight: 20.6 pounds
- Product dimensions: 8.8 x 46.5 x 7 inches
Gibraltar Racks are provided in all shapes and sizes to fit all your requirements. Their strong and rugged road series racks keep your setup secure for a very long period. Gibraltar Road Series GRS300C Curved Front Drum Rack has the potential to expand to accommodate larger arrangements. It features two post front curved rack that can hold up to three rack toms.
It can be used as a front rack over the bass drum or as a side rack. You can pair the rack with the GRS125C side extension to create a two or three-sided rack. It also features heavy-duty clamps to ensure a secure setup. The 40″ curved horizontal bar is easily adjustable.
Gibraltar GRS300C ensures quick and easy setup and teardown. It helps you in saving extra time. After the teardown, it fits into your bag very easily. It also minimizes footprint size. The appearance is modern and classy. It is highly stable, sturdy, and versatile. Overall, it will make a great pair with your best drum machine! This drum rack includes (1) a 40-inch curved horizontal bar, (2) 30-inch vertical bars, (2) GRSTLA T-Leg Clamps, (2) GRSMC Multi Clamps; (4) GPRML Memory Locks; and (2) GRSRA Right Angle Clamps.
- This drum rack is made of high-quality, durably material to ensure long-lasting usability; its sturdy finish makes it a must-have for drummers of all ages.
- The design of this rack is made in such a way that you can flexibly use it; you may either attach it as a front rack over the bass drum or as a side rack.
- Along with high-quality construction and sturdy material, the brand has ensured that the rack looks appealing and features a good appearance, making it ideal for those using racks during performances.
- This drum rack is easy to use, hold, store, and setup; therefore, it helps in minimizing the setup time for an overall overwhelming experience.
- The drum rack is spacious and sturdy; therefore, you can fit in everything that you require for a drumming performance or a practice session. It reduces the footprint size of an experienced drummer.
- This drum rack isn’t equipped with multiple kits; therefore, you’ll need to make the extra investment to expand it.
PS: If you’re looking for an affordable option with nice expansion, then GRS300C is a great choice!
3. Gibraltar (Model: GCS-450C) Curved Drum Rack
- A 3-sided drum rack system
- Four posts curved
- Three curved horizontal bars
- Four legs
- Small footprint size
- Plenty of mounting space
- Item weight: 45.7 pounds
- Product dimensions: 46.5 x 13 x 7.75 inches
As you already know by now that Gibraltar racks are highly trending in the drumming world; Gibraltar GCS-450C Curved Drum Rack is a three-sided curved rack system with three curved horizontal bars and four vertical legs and feet. It minimizes the footprint size and provides plenty of mounting space. 450C is highly durable and sturdy and offers rock-solid dependability for different sizes of drum kits. It features four mini T-legs that are reliable and durable.
The rack features an open-ended system of parts that can be expanded and customized as your drum kit grows in size. It will fit in with various cymbals and drums perfectly. It will also boost your stage presence. It offers quick and easy setup and breaks down. The rack is also convenient to transport. It includes all the clamps and attachments to deduct the amount of hardware you carry with yourself. It is suitable for all kinds of professional uses, like club gigs, stadium tours, concerts, etc.
It is a professional drum rack which provides great value for money. It is versatile, sturdy, and durable. It is perfect for bulky drum kits and gives you full flexibility in arranging and customizing different parts according to your requirements and aesthetic needs.
- The open-ended system of the rack allows it to expand according to your requirements.
- This rack is sturdy and spacious; thereby, you can save a lot of floor space and ensure that you fit and store all your drumming accessories at a secured place.
- This drumming rack also features a professional appearance and is great for a wide range of applications.
- This rack is a great investment for the drummers with large drum sets; therefore, it is an ideal pick for professionals and high-end drumming artists.
- It doesn’t offer superior flexibility as compared to some other racks.
- You may need to buy extra clamps to attain the desired comfort.
PS: You can define count on this one to replace your former’ best drum stands!’
4. Pearl DR80 3 Sided Rack
- 3-sided drum rack
- Folding storage
- Four clamps and top rails
- Country of origin: Taiwan, Province of China
- Item weight: 21 pounds
- Product dimensions: 29.5 x 35.4 x 35.4 inches
Pearl DR80 features a three-sided Drum Rack that has four clamps and top rails made of black anodized aluminum. Once positioned, it ensures that the mounts do not loosen or spin. It is compatible with Pearl tom and cymbal holders. It features four legs with a large-diameter that help in providing stability of the rack. The setup and break down is incredibly easy and quick. It is durable, stable, and sturdy.
This Pearl drum rack also features foldable storage in such a manner that when you fold the kit together, it can be carried out without any unmounting. And when you need to set it up again, you can just fold it back out, and it’s ready! The height is not adjustable but should be convenient to serve your purpose. However, it is not considered very fit for traveling according to some customer reviews.
They are light and foldable, which is a great advantage, but buyers pointed out that they may not be sturdy enough for harsh conditions. Otherwise, you will have zero complaints from Pearl DR80!
- It features foldable storage. When you fold the kit together, it can be carried out without any unmounting. And when you need to set it up again, you can just fold it back out, and it’s ready!
- The drum rack is made of high-quality material; they are a perfect option when it comes to investing into something long-lasting and durable.
- This drumming rack is lightweight, yet sturdy. It is easy to carry, and you can move around or travel with it easily and comfortably.
- It is compatible with all Pearl tom and cymbal holders, which makes it an ideal option for drummers who love to use Pearl tom drums and its accessories.
- While some find the height perfect, some have pointed out that due to the fixed height, it doesn’t provide enough flexibility that the buyers demand. It is not considered very sturdy for traveling.
PS: They are an ideal choice to accommodate the best vocal mics for singing drummers
5. Gibraltar (Model: GRS-850DBL) Curved Double Bass Drum Rack
- Double-bass rack
- Maximum height of 36 inches
- Three feet on the floor
- Easy setup and breakdown
- Can be used as a single bass rack
- Item weight: 35.3 pounds
- Product dimensions: 45 x 10 x 7.5 inches
Gibraltar GRS-850DBL Curved Double-Bass Drum Rack works well with both minimal double bass setups to large double bass setups. You can easily enhance the size of the rack with a side extension added to either side to add more cymbals or drums. It enables the drummer to maximize the number of drums and cymbals while minimizing the footprint size. It helps in reducing not only footprint size but also set up time. It helps in quick and easy setup and break down. After the breakdown, it also easily fits into the bag.
With only three feet on the floor, this drum rack can accommodate very well up to 8 cymbals and six toms. You can also reconfigure the rack to function with a single bass drum set up. In that case, it will work as a front rack with side extension. It features a maximum height of 36 inches.
It helps in reducing the expected amount of area required for double bass setups. It also serves as a base structure if you wish to customize your drum rack. It is sturdy, durable, and long-lasting.
- It is easy to enhance the size of the rack by putting in a side extension to either side to add more cymbals or drums.
- It helps in quick and easy setup and break down. After the breakdown, it also easily fits into the bag.
- It reduces the amount of area required for double bass setups. You can store most drumming accessories within this rack to ensure it reduces your overall footprint size.
- You can also use multiple drums at the same time for an awe-inspiring drumming performance with this drum rack.
- The product lacks instructions for the setup. The additional clamps can be an expensive purchase.
PS: Overall, it is a great choice that can accommodate your best electronic drum pad well.
6. Gibraltar GSSMS Stealth Side Mounting System
- Low profile side rack
- Supports any setup
- Easy assembling
- Convenient transport
- Item weight: 15 pounds
- Product dimensions: 5.4 x 31.7 x 8.1 inches
If you’re looking for an affordable option with decent features, Gibraltar GSSMS Stealth Side Drum Rack Mounting System is a great choice to start with. It features a low-profile side rack, which is 18.5″ tall and 30″ long. Its versatile design supports any setup, from four-piece to double bass kits, by removing the large footprint and junk of tripods.
With GSSMS, the drummer gets all the benefits of using other racks and mounting systems while maintaining a stealthy and low-profile appearance. As it is a small system, the positioning becomes convenient. The setup and breakdown are also quick and easy. If you plan for touring, you can either keep it all assembled and place in the back of your vehicle, or disassemble within seconds and place in a bag. Both the options are convenient.
GSSMS Stealth side drum rack is utilized either on one or both angles of the bass drums and several more applications. It is also easy to transport. It ensures convenience in positioning, unlike traditional racks that leave no room for movement. The package includes (2) GSMP 14″ vertical bars with RMAA tube joint; (1) SC-GPR30 30″ straight horizontal bar; (2) Large chrome T-leg assemblies; (2) SC-GCRA chrome right angle clamps; and (2) RMAA-DP nylon bushing set containing 3/4″, 7/8″, 1″ sizes.
- The player gets all the benefits of the drum rack while keeping a low profile. It is relatively a lot lighter than other drum racks.
- This drum rack features easy assembling and easy transport, making it an ideal pick for those who love to travel and perform with their drums and racks.
- If you are an extensive drummer, then this rack is perfect for you. The design allows you to use four drums at the same time to ensure a high-quality dual bass effect in your drumming sound.
- The rack is made of perfect size to ensure you are left with maximum room space than ever before.
- It is not an adequate choice to mount a whole drum set. It doesn’t feature a traditional drum rack system.
PS: If you’re looking for a low profile and affordable drum rack, then it can be a great addition to your best drum kit.
7. Pearl Icon (Model: DR513C) Curved Drum Rack
- The 3-sided drum rack system
- Adjustable supports
- Locking clamps
- Lightweight aluminum support rails
- Sturdy legs and clamps
- Non-skid rubber fit
- Item weight: 47 pounds
If you are looking for a pro drum rack with outstanding features, Pearl Icon DR513C Curved Drum Rack is one of the best options available in the market. Pearl is among the most prominent brands for drum racks, and their Icon series is specifically designed to meet the demands of gigging drummers. They provide great speed, convenience, and durability. This 3-sided modular drum rack features spacious curved support rails and kick-accommodating high range.
DR513C is the ideal solution for drummers who wish to have every tom, cymbal, and other accessories exactly where they positioned it the previous night. It features slip-free square aluminum rails, solid steel camps, and tubing, and non-skid feet. The versatile combination of these feature help in making hasty stage setups easy and quick while maintaining its durability. The lightweight mounting rail helps with quick adjustments, which make the task more convenient for you.
This drum rack is not bulky like one of those traditional drum racks. Rather, it is lightweight and convenient for touring. This drum rack package includes (4) PCX-100 Pipe clamps and (2) PCL-100 pivot mounts.
- This drum rack is ideal for any drummer who needs a consistent drum set up, which means the setup should be easy to install and quick.
- The curved rails help in enhancing the reach and ergonomics. The design ensures that it offers a user-friendly experience.
- This rack is light in weight, yet durable; therefore, it is easy to handle and convenient to carry, even during long travels.
- You can always adjust the accessories independently according to your preferences.
- It is a rock-solid solution for all your needs! It is durable, sturdy, and very long-lasting.
- When we compare the price with the features that this drum rack offers, we find this one relatively expensive than the other options available here.
PS: If the budget isn’t a constraint for you, then we recommend this drum rack for your best drum machine
8. DW DWCPRKMAIN 9000 Series Main Rack Package
- Heavy-gauge stainless steel tubing
- Matching heavy-duty clamps
- Soft-grip rubber feet
- Name badge with built-in level
- Tube mounted DWSM934S cymbal arms
- Item weight: 32 pounds
- Product dimensions: 49 x 12 x 11 inches
DW’s 9000 series drum rack system is highly trending in the drumming world for its stability and versatility. The DWCPRKMAIN is the main drum rack of the series. It spotlights heavy-gauge stainless steel tubing, heavy-duty fitting clamps, and a pack of other available accessories that can easily conform to any setup.
This drum rack also features some great innovations making it even better. These include soft-grip rubber feet with integrated spikes, a logo badge with a built-in level, and tube-mounted DWSM934S cymbal arms. This makes DWCPRKMAIN a professional modular hardware system.
The overall design and construction are very solid. Set up and teardown is incredibly easy and quick. It is sturdy, stable, and durable. This rack includes various other drumming accessories in its package, which includes DWCPRKB42C 42″ Curved Bar; DWCPRKB36S 36″ Straight Bar; DWCPRKB24S 24″ Straight Bar; (2) DWSMRKC15K 1.5″ – 1.5″ Clamp with Drum Key Screw; (2) DWSMRKC15T 1.5″ – 1.5″ T-Leg Clamp; DWSMRKC15A 1.5″ – V Angle Clamp; DWSMRKTTCA 1.5″ – .75″ Tube Top Cymbal Adapter; DWSM934S Cymbal Boom Arm; (2) DWSMRKC15V 1.5″ – V Rack Clamp; (9) DWSMRKML15 1.5″ Hinged Memory Lock; DWSMRKFEET Rubber Feet; DWSMRKDRKY Hi-Torque Drum Key; and DWSMRKNPLV Nameplate with Level.
- This drum rack is made of high-quality materials and sturdy construction; therefore, it features thick and strong tubes, making it durable and long-lasting.
- The high-quality memory locks stand out in this drum rack, making it an ideal choice for all drumming artists – of all ages.
- This drum rack is also equipped with cymbal stands; therefore, you wouldn’t have to spend extra on its stand.
- High-quality DW 9000 hardware is perhaps the greatest specialty of this product.
- Buying side extension may be an expensive purchase. The cymbal stands are a bit high.
How to choose the Best Drum Rack for Yourself?
There is a wide range of drum racks available in the market today. Different drummers have different preferences and requirements. There are several things that you need to consider when buying drum racks for your best drum machine.
1. Solid Construction
The construction and design of the rack should be solid enough to accommodate large accessories. It should be able to support the entire weight of the drum kit while ensuring maximum stability. The majority of the drum racks are constructed of stainless steel and offer stability. It must be durable and last long to accommodate your drum set.
Many drum racks are expandable. This means that if you wish to put in additional accessories like toms, cymbal, etc., you can always expand the drum rack and do that. Add-ons can be purchased and added when required. There are also customizable drum racks.
This is helpful for those who have certain preferences for their drum set configurations. Moreover, a pro drummer who doesn’t plan to expand his drum kit in the future would probably prefer to buy a preconfigured drum rack. Such kind of drum rack would already include all the necessary accessories. On the other hand, a beginner with a low budget may prefer to buy an expandable drum rack to add on a piece at a time.
3. Set-up and Break Down
This is another important feature to look for in a drum rack while purchasing. The rack should be easy and quick to set up and break down. Secondly, after the breakdown, it should be easy to fit into the bag. If you plan on touring, it is also necessary to ensure that the rack is compact and portable. It must not feel more like a liability than an asset.
4. Brand Value & Warranty
It is also advisable to conduct a little research about the manufacturer and its reputation in the market to ensure quality work. It is also important to consider the warranty period and replacement facilities by the manufacturer of the product. Replacement of any defective item should be convenient and readily available.
Budget for some may be the primary aspect to look for when it comes to shopping anything, including the drum racks. Also, if you are just a beginner, then keeping into consideration that you should not be investing a fortune may trigger the factor of shopping. If you are a professional drummer, money shouldn’t be a constraint. Keeping all these factors in mind, you should plan on your budget and then make a purchase.
It is always a good idea to invest in a decent drum rack that fits your preferences and requirements. In this article, we reviewed different kinds of drum racks that are highly trending in 2023’s drumming world. They differ from each other based on their features, sizes, uses, customer reviews, and prices. We hope that now you have a clear idea if you’re planning to purchase one. You must make your final choice after considering all the factors that we mentioned above.
After a careful review, we have concluded that Gibraltar GCS-450C Curved Drum Rack is our most preferred pick. This three-sided curved rack system features a very stylish and modern appearance. It minimizes the footprint size and provides plenty of mounting space. It makes setup and teardown extremely easy and quick for the drummers. It is moderately priced, and at this price point, it is perhaps the best rack available!